Tuesday, October 5, 2010

adventures through the door

A friend came by the Town Office yesterday afternoon and was excited to tell me her view on adventure.  It created such a great image in my mind. 

"Adventure is a door opening and you can only open one door at time."

This evokes an "Alice Wonderland" image in my mind.  When Alice drank the liquid labeled "Drink Me" and had to choose the door to go through.  She then opened one that allowed her to go into Wonderland.

For A., she saw a forest with a door floating in it.  No frame or structure, just a door.  When you went through this door, you would be in another land. 

At this junction, I truly feel like I am going through a door in one forest and going into a new one.  Taking time to examine what I want to take with me through that door and intentionally leaving behind other items.  Standing at the threshold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment